Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Visualizing & Re-Visualizing my Writing Story in Poetry

Dorry, the Teacher-Writer

In the days of yore,
There was a girl with swinging blonde braids
Always in the front of the classroom.
Pencil at the ready,
Writing all her teachers asked of her,
And so much more.

Today that same girl, all grown,
No swinging braids to be seen,
Still seeks out the classrooms near and far.
Only now she’s the one
Encouraging the words of her students,
And so much more.

The teacher.
The writer.
The wreacher.

I Am the Wreacher

Once I was the girl
With the swinging blonde braids
In the front of the classroom
Pencil poised
Writing all my teachers asked
And so much more.

Now, so much the same,
Though braidless
I still seek the classrooms
Only this time,
I’m the one asking for the writing,
And so much more.

I am the teacher.
I am the writer.
I am the wreacher.

Thoughts?  (I feel like the second version makes me sound like a creature from the deep!)

No comments:

Post a Comment